Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a non-surgical treatment procedure that involves use of high intensity pulses of visible light to enhance the skin problems. IPL is mainly used for:
- Vascular lesions such as broke facial vein, red veins of legs
- Age marks
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Removal of unnecessary dark hair
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Procedure
This system follows the laser principle in which light energy is directed to the specific skin cells. The light energy transforms into heat that causes damage to the target area. IPL procedure involves the use of different wavelengths in every pulse that makes it different from laser. Many IPL systems use filters to allow specific energy levels for the treatment of particular body parts. It improves penetration by limiting the energy levels and allows targeting the specific chromophores.
Our surgeon will explain the procedure beforehand and inform you about the expected results. They will diagnose your body completely before the treatment. We are extensively trained and skilled in IPL therapy to offer the maximum results.
After the procedure, you should follow your surgeon’s protocols to ensure the safest and best effects.
- Stay away from direct sun exposure before and after the treatment for at least seven days
- You may receive topical anaesthesia at the target area however it is not used in all cases
- Cold gel is applied on the treatment area
- Treatment duration is about 20 minutes. You may receive 4 to 6 sessions for three to six weeks for the best results.
- You can turn back to home right after the treatment